#54 Afternoon of a Faun
On the day I ordered Nelly, I knew that her first pattern would be named Afternoon of a Faun, inspired by Debussy's Prelude a l'Après-midi d'un Faune
and the sensuous ballet choreographed by Nijinsky. Growing up in the world of dance, I had the pleasure of witnessing several performances of this ballet.
While the Faun is performed by a male dancer, the choreography includes three nymphs who wear pale pink, strapless, empire-waisted flowing gowns.
The mood and the lyricism of the music, choreography and costumes provided an amazing source of inspiration for Nelly's first pattern.
Download the #54 Panties pattern for Nelly HERE
A Custom designed pattern for Kaye Wiggs' Nelly
The dress for this pattern fit the Dollstown Elf body perfectly, for other alteration instructions click here
and the pattern can easily be adjusted to fit Kaye Wiggs' MSD girls
click here for instructions
and for 14" and 16" Kish dolls!
Please write to Joni at email@example.com for suggestions on how to do this.
1. Dress: Strapless, empire waist calf-length dress with curved hemline (shown in white)
2. Nymph Dress: Strapless, empire waist calf-length dress with straight cut skirt and frayed hemline (shown in pale pink)
3. Tunic Dress*: Strapless, empire waist hip-length dress with straight cut skirt (shown in
white with optional embroidered handkerchief overskirt)
4. Overdress: Ankle-length overdress with long sleeves, elastic detail, and curved hemline (shown in ivory eyelet fabric)
5. Jacket: Cropped Jacket with long sleeves and eyelet detail (shown in brown faux suede)
6. Faun Pants: Slim-cut, low rise pants with elastic waist, and faux fur and fringe trim (shown in white with sage green trim)
*The Tunic dress is shown with the #52 Big News newsboy cap, without alteration
All necklaces pictured are by Jonijewelry
Necklace by Jonijewelry
#54 Jacket coordinates perfectly with the #60 Waterfall skirt and corset
Nelly is wearing the #52 Newsboy Cap without alterations.
Shown on Dollstown Elf body without alteration!